A challenge for the Mining and Metals Industry
Apply by 8 September 2022
Eramet, an international player in Mining & Metals activities, launches its 2022 edition of the Eramet Open Innovation Challenge to find innovative solutions for Occupational Safety in the Mining and Metals industry. The ability to perform activities in complete safety is a priority for the Mining and Metals industry, and safety of workers is an absolute prerequisite for sustainable performance. The call addresses start-ups and SMEs which offer smart technologies to keep workers safe in this sector and could help achieve the target of zero accidents for all workers of our industry!
A great opportunity for start-ups and SMEs
Compete for a chance to win a collaboration contract with Eramet (up to EUR 50k). Together, we will turn your idea into reality, building a better, responsible mining and metals industry of tomorrow!
- Validate your solution by collaborating with a large industrial player
- Win 50k EUR in funding to enable your project to be realised
- Gain visibility and become a reference in the market.
Join us in achieving Zero Accidents by 2023!
Ensuring the health and safety of its employees and subcontractors is the number one priority on the Eramet’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) roadmap.
Eramet, which has operations in 20 countries, has a strong track record in safety performance with accidents decreasing by 46% in 2021 compared to 2020 but wants to go further by achieving zero accidents by 2023.
Do you offer an innovative safety solution that fits to one of the following four main topics?
- Safety of lone workers working at remote exploration sites : Solutions to respond quickly and effectively to help workers in an emergency situation, to locate the person, assess the situation, and provide in real-time assistance for evacuation. Solutions to handle and transport heavy drilling equipment.
- Hazard detection and prevention system in Mining & Metallurgical Processing : Smart sensors to detect and signal a hazard in a plant or mine, or systems to manage risky activities, or to control safe work permits.
- Human - machine interaction: Detection and monitoring solutions to enhance the protection of workers and prevent accidents e.g. ensure safeguarding in place, lockout equipment, IoT devices, smart personal protection equipment against dust and noise exposure.
- Safety in Transport & Logistics: Signage and safety technology of transportation routes, both roads and rail systems, such as anti-derailment, monitoring of discharging and hauling operations.
This is not a strictly definitive list. Other innovative solutions that fit the topic of occupational safety will also be considered.
Applications close on 8 September 2022.
Who can participate?
You are a private company (Start-up, SME, or other)
Your solution meets at least one of the application areas
Your proven solution (>TRL level 5) is state-of-the-art
You are passionate about attaining the highest worker safety goals for a company
The jury will take into account the following criteria in its assessment:
- Technical excellence, development stage, and IP status
- Height of innovation, competitive advantage, and technical feasibility
- Impact of the product/service and exploitation plan
- The team behind the idea and its composition
You will find the Terms & Conditions here.
- Launch: 23 May 2022
- Submission Deadline EXTENDED: 8 September 2022, 20:00 CET
- Online Pitch event: 26 October 2022
- Assessment of applications: 10 successful teams will be invited to pitch in front of industry experts.
The Top 3 successful teams will be invited to the final.
- Final event: until Mid-February 2023 - Pitch and Winner announced