Get ready for the Hydrogen innovation challenge
Do you have an innovative idea around the production, transportation and storage of Hydrogen that would create a sustainable impact on businesses? Compete for the chance to collaborate with global leaders in the raw materials industry, and to validate your solution. Together, we will turn your idea into reality!
EIT RawMaterials and Baker Hughes have joined forces to identify innovative and promising technology solutions in the field of Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carrier (LOHC) and Metal Hydrides.
Baker Hughes is an energy technology company that takes energy forward – making it safer, cleaner, and more efficient for people and the planet.
Compete for a chance to collaborate closely with Baker Hughes and benefit from one of the biggest industrial networks in the energy sector worldwide.
Applications is closed.
Please find here the Terms & Conditions for download.
Welcome to the Baker Hughes Hydrogen Challenge
A unique opportunity for start-ups, SMEs, research units and corporates to collaborate with Baker Hughes on Hydrogen Storage Technologies
- Use the expertise of a large team of engineers and energy experts
- Increase your ability to scale up your technology to industrial scale
- Strengthen your technology
- Enter a worldwide network of potential customers and collaborators
- Benefit from the world's largest innovation community in the raw materials sector
- Be exposed to the EIT RawMaterials Business Creation programs to scale up your business.
Large scale hydrogen technologies implementation poses several challenges not only related to production but also related to the transporting and storing of hydrogen (midstream). The key to addressing many of these challenges lies in the appropriate development of advanced materials solutions. The main pain points related to this specific challenge are:
- Large and reliable storage
- The growth of a decentralised hydrogen market that will require storage capabilities nearby production sites
- Effective and cost competitive hydrogen storage and transport technologies
Resolving the above criticalities should also overcome several substantial health and safety risks associated to the transporting and storing of hydrogen including lowering of operational costs for business in the field.
We are looking for solutions in the field of Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carrier (LOHC) and Metal Hydrides solutions responding to the following features:
- Non market-established technologies
- Solid IP background
- Technologies with the potential to reduce operational, transport and storage costs Strong prospective to scale-up
- 4 to 9 TRL range